Database Methods (5N0783)
The Database Methods module can be taken as part of the Business Administration (5M5011) award in Year 2.
Computerised database methods greatly reduce the amount of manual recording keeping and filing needed in organisations. They also simplify methods of retrieving information.
This module covers the following topics:
- Principles of good database management
- Examples of manual systems with which users would be familiar
- Using sample databases
- Defining a file structure
- Creating queries
- Doing reports
- Including statistics in reporting
- Creating customised forms
- Linking databases
- Creating a database project from specification to completion