Community Care (5M2786)
The purpose of this award is to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge, skill, and competence
to work under supervision in a variety of community care settings and/or to progress to further and/
or higher education and training.
120 Credits are required to achieve a Major Award at Level 5 in this area. This will be achieved by completing the following:
All the following subjects (modules):
- Care Provision and Practice (5N2705) – 15 credits
- Safety and Health at Work (5N1794) – 15 credits
- Human Growth and Development (5N1279) – 15 credits
- Communications (5N0690) – 15 credits
- Work Experience (5N1356) – 15 credits
- Care of the Older Person (5N2706) – 15 credits
- Intellectual Disability Studies (5N1652) – 15 credits
- Care Skills (5N2770) – 15 credits
Other subjects (modules) offered:
- Occupational First Aid (5N1207) – 15 credits
- Word Processing (5N1358) – 15 credits
- Psychology (5N0754) – 15 credits
- Social Studies (5N1370) – 15 credits
- Information Technology Skills (4N1125) – 10 credits
- Spanish (4N1178) – 10 credits
A range of non-certified & certified subjects are offered including tutorials, beginners IT, language support, numeracy and writing skills.
A maximum of 15 credits may be used from either level 4 or level 6.
A note on Subject (Module) codes
The number before the N in the module code gives the level of the module: 4N denotes level 4, 5N signifies level 5, while 6N means level 6.