Business Administration (5M2468)
The purpose of the Business Administration award is to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge, skills and competence to work independently and under supervision in an administrative role in a range of business contexts and/ or to progress to further or higher education and training.
120 Credits are required to achieve a Major Award at Level 5 in this area. This will be achieved by completing the following:
All of the following subjects (modules):
- Business Administration Skills (5N1610) – 15 credits
- Bookkeeping – Manual & Computerised (5N1354) – 15 credits
- Payroll – Manual & Computerised (5N1546) – 15 credits
- Spreadsheet Methods (5N1977) – 15 credits
- Database Methods (5N0783) – 15 credits
- Communications (5N0690) – 15 credits
- Work Experience (5N1356) – 15 credits
- Word Processing Level 5 (5N1358) – 15 credits
- The Internet (5N1611) – 15 credits
Other certified subjects (modules) offered:
A range of non-certified & certified subjects are offered including tutorials, beginners IT, language support, numeracy and writing skills.
A maximum of 15 credits may be used from either level 4 or level 6.
A note on Subject (Module) codes
The number before the N in the module code gives the level of the module: 4N denotes level 4, 5N signifies level 5, while 6N means level 6.