Work Experience (5N1356)
The Work Experience module is taken in Year 2 as part of the Business Administration (5M2468), Tourism with Business (5M5011), and Graphic Design (5M1995) awards, and in Year 1 or 2 as part of the Community Care (5M2786) award.
What is Work Experience all about?
- To gain some experience in a company or job area that you would like to work in on finishing V.T.O.S.
- To apply the new skills that you are learning on V.T.O.S. to a real working situation.
- To practice the job-seeking skills that you will need to find the job you want after V.T.O.S.
- To be more informed about the workplace and your rights and responsibilities at work.
- To decide on the careers/jobs that best suit your abilities, skills, personality and interests.
What topics will be covered?
- Career Exploration: Teasing out careers/jobs that best suit the person you are.
- Setting future goals: Making a plan of action to help you get the job you want considering your current needs.
- Researching information on jobs: How to find out what jobs are available and what training is needed to help you get the skills you need for the job.
- Making contact with employers/networking.
- Preparing a good C.V. and letter of Application.
- How to do a good interview.
- Employee rights and legislation.
- Employment contract s and payslips.
- Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Work Stress.
- Bullying and Harassment issues in the workplace.
- Employment trends and opportunities .
Will I get certification for doing the Work Experience module?
If you are completing a full National Award Certificate, the work experience module is compulsory.