Safety and Health at Work (5N1794)
The Safety and Health at Work module is taken in Year 2 as part of the Community Care (5M2786) award.
This module is designed to provide the learner with the skills and knowledge to promote and maintain safety and health in the working environment. It is mandatory.
Learners who successfully complete this module will:
- Understand the concepts of health and safety
- Recognise the factors that influence health, safety and welfare
- Apply the principles and procedures of health and safety to the workplace
- Understand the importance of hazard identification and risk assessment
- Promote safe working practices and procedures
- Be familiar with core legislation in the area of safety, health and welfare.