Graphic Design (5M1995)
The Graphic Design course aims to give the student an introduction to the skills necessary to become a graphic designer including the main computer software packages used in the industry.
120 Credits are required to achieve a Major Award at Level 5 in this area. This will be achieved by completing the following:
All of the following subjects (modules):
- Drawing (5N1862) – 15 credits
- Design Skills (5N0784) – 15 credits
- Graphic Design Skills (5N1978) – 15 credits
- Desktop Publishing (5N0785) – 15 credits
- Digital Photography (5N1570) – 15 credits
- Communications (5N0690) – 15 credits
- Work Experience (5N1356) – 15 credits
- Combined Materials (5N0764) – 15 credits
Other certified subjects (modules) offered:
- Painting (5N1302) – 15 credits
- Word Processing (5N1358) – 15 credits
- Information Technology Skills (4N1125) – 10 credits
- Spanish (4N1178) – 10 credits
A range of non-certified & certified subjects are offered including tutorials, beginners IT, language support, numeracy and writing skills.
A maximum of 15 credits may be used from either level 4 or level 6.
A note on Subject (Module) codes
The number before the N in the module code gives the level of the module: 4N denotes level 4, 5N signifies level 5, while 6N means level 6.