General Learning Skills (4M2010)
General Learning Skills (4M2010) is a full-time one year course. Its purpose is to enable the learner to develop the relevant knowledge, skill and competence in a broad range of employment and personal skills which enable employment, under direct supervision, in a variety of sectors, or progression to further education or training.
The total credit value required for this award is 90. This will be achieved by completing the following:
All of the following mandatory subjects (70/80 credits):
- Communications (4N0689) – 15 credits
- Work Experience (4N1168) – 15 credits
- Career Planning (4N1109) – 10 credits
- Information Technology Skills (4N1125) – 10 credits
- Functional Maths (4N2138) – 5 credits
- Customer Service (4N1989) – 10 credits
- Business English (4N1108) – 5 credits
- ESOL (4N1180) – [* Compulsory for those whose first language is not English] – 10 credits
Elective subjects (20 credits):
- Health Related Fitness (4N2666) – 10 credits
- Short Order Cooking (4N1151) – 10 credits
- Spanish (4N1178) – 10 credits
Non certified subjects such as tutorials and crafts will also be offered.
Learners must do a minimum of 22 hours over five (5) days per week.
A note on Subject (Module) codes
The number before the N in the module code gives the level of the module: 4N denotes level 4, 5N signifies level 5, while 6N means level 6.